X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pls Help on my Interesting Case!

Hi,
    Need good advice.

My fiancee had an approved post decision status on her H1B application. She's waiting for an interview in the US Embassy for final approval.

We're planning to get married so that she can bring me and our 2 year old son.

My concern is what will we do, will we marry before her interview or after her interview?

Another biggest concern is I have a pending petition from my mother who is US Citizen, I belong to F1 Category. I know that if we'll get married my petition will move to another category which is F3.

So this is a bit confusing whether we will marry before her interview or after her interview? We just want to make it sure if we're on the right path.

Please put some inputs. Thank you very much!

Are you planning to get an H4 visa for yourself and child? If yes, you have to get married before H4 interview.
    Marriage date and wife's H1 interview are not related, if married before the interview you may all go together for interview.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

My mom is worried of what will be the outcome of the H1B interview. Particularly my pending petition F1 Category will be move to another category, F3 which will take time again to wait to be approve.

So my mother suggested that we'll get married once she will get H1B Status.

Now I know that marriage date and H1 interview are not related. I think we will marry before her interview date.

I hope and pray she won't get denied. God help us!

Comment

Make sure her visa application has her status as married if you plan to get married before the interview. Also, you may go for H1 and H4 visa interviews together if you are married before that date, in fact it is advisable.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X