Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Status after moving to UK

My H1 expires in 2 years time.

However, I am quitting my job and moving to UK on a Tier-1 (HSMP) Work Visa.

Does that mean that my H1 will not be valid any more in case I want to come back to the US to visit (or work) ?

Regards
    Last edited by varunr; 12-09-2009, 01:25 AM.

No, your petition remains valid till the date specified. You cannot use the H1B visa for a visit. You can use it only for working (in H1B status).
    Last edited by shervin143; 12-08-2009, 09:02 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin.

My H1B was sponsored by the company that I'm quitting. Does that mean I cannot come back to the US with my H1 Visa unless I'm coming here to work for the same company? Or could I come back anytime in the next 2 years as long as I get a job here ?

The reason I'm asking is that I've got some personal tasks remaining to take care of in the US, so I might need to come back to sort them out. For such visits, would I need to get a separate visitor visa ?

Regards.

Comment

See below.

Originally posted by varunr View Post
        Thanks Shervin.

My H1B was sponsored by the company that I'm quitting. Does that mean I cannot come back to the US with my H1 Visa unless I'm coming here to work for the same company? Or could I come back anytime in the next 2 years as long as I get a job here ?

>>>>> You can use the existing H1B visa to return back to work for a different employer. You will need to carry a valid approval notice of the employer that you will be working for.

The reason I'm asking is that I've got some personal tasks remaining to take care of in the US, so I might need to come back to sort them out. For such visits, would I need to get a separate visitor visa ?

>>>>> Yes. You will need a visitors visa.

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          See below.
          Great ! Thanks a lot for the information Shervin.

Question: Can I get a visitors visa, if my H1B Visa is still active ? In fact my employer had even filed for the Green Card application few years ago. Would I need to explicitly call up someone and cancel my H1B Visa and Green Card application in order to get the visitors visa ?

Comment

Question: Can I get a visitors visa, if my H1B Visa is still active ? In fact my employer had even filed for the Green Card application few years ago. Would I need to explicitly call up someone and cancel my H1B Visa and Green Card application in order to get the visitors visa ?

You can have a valid H1B visa and B1/B2 visa stamped in your passport. You don't need to cancel anything to apply for a B1/B2 visa.

USA Visitors Visa - Comprehensive information for a sponsor and visitor. Visitor visa sample documents and interview preparation tips available. Visitors visa case studies and reapplication advice for the refusal of a USA visitor visa. Ask visitor visa related questions in our discussions forum

https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visitor...tor-documents/

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post

You can have a valid H1B visa and B1/B2 visa stamped in your passport. You don't need to cancel anything to apply for a B1/B2 visa.

USA Visitors Visa - Comprehensive information for a sponsor and visitor. Visitor visa sample documents and interview preparation tips available. Visitors visa case studies and reapplication advice for the refusal of a USA visitor visa. Ask visitor visa related questions in our discussions forum

https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visitor...tor-documents/
              Awesome Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X