Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i visit for vacation,even i have H1B

Hi,

am i eligible to have vacation in US in this December just like that. My H1B is valid till 2010 august. can i go for visit, not for work ? do i need to take any visit visa or H1B is enough to travel for vacation. i thought of staying there for 2 or 3 weeks and mean while i want to see the job opportunity in US.

As my employer is not having projects to take me. In this regard i want to try in this way. If i find any vendor or any job, so that my employer can tie up with them.

In advance thanks

You cannot use H1B to enter U.S for pleasure. H1B is strictly a work visa and you can use it only when you are entering U.S to work for your employer (Need to show employment verification letter, client letter etc at the POE). If you want to travel for pleasure, do apply for a visitors visa (B1/B2). Traveling to U.S in a B1/B2 visa to look for job opportunities is illegal.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

will i get visit visa, how about charges,any idea

As i'm having H1B visa, will i get visit visa to US. What are the chances of getting visa. If i use visit visa, will my H1B get effected as invalid or any
      other way.

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      You cannot use H1B to enter U.S for pleasure. H1B is strictly a work visa and you can use it only when you are entering U.S to work for your employer (Need to show employment verification letter, client letter etc at the POE). If you want to travel for pleasure, do apply for a visitors visa (B1/B2). Traveling to U.S in a B1/B2 visa to look for job opportunities is illegal.

Comment

Applying for B1/B2 will not have any impact on your H1B. You can have both H1B and B1/B2 stamped in your passport.

Originally posted by gud View Post
        As i'm having H1B visa, will i get visit visa to US. What are the chances of getting visa. If i use visit visa, will my H1B get effected as invalid or any
        other way.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X