Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Currently in India, Laid off and having Valid petition upto 2010 from company ABC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently in India, Laid off and having Valid petition upto 2010 from company ABC

Hello Sir/Madam,

I have Valid H1B petition upto Oct 2010 from Company ABC(direct client) which laid me off in September 2008.

Immediately I got job from Company ABC2(direct client) and applied for H1B extension on 16 Oct 2008. There was a lay off from ABC2 in 2008 Dec 13. At that time my H1B extension was still pending from ABC2.

After that I searched for job and got job in Company XYZ in January 20 2009. I approached Indian consulting company and applied for H1B extension on 2009 Feb 03 and started working from Feb 04 2009.

Meanwhile I had some family urgency in India and returned to India in 2009 May 13. At that time my H1B extension was still pending from Indian consulting company. Later I found that it was denied sometime in Sept 2009.

Since I have valid H1B petition upto Oct 2010 from company ABC. Can I use this valid H1B petition and come to USA if some company apply for extension or transfer my H1B.

Please advice. Thank you so much in Advance.
    Last edited by venkatesh111; 12-11-2009, 06:36 PM.

You cannot use Company ABC H1B petition any longer since you don't work for them. However, you can apply for a new H1B petition with a new employer or file for a transfer and if that gets approved, you can use the new petition to travel to U.S to work for the new employer.
    Last edited by shervin143; 12-11-2009, 07:11 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you very much for the information. Can I use the H1B petition from the old company (that is Company ABC) and transfer it to new employer instead of going for new H1B.

Comment

You can do that. Give your new employer a copy of your approval notice to prove that you are already CAP counted.

Originally posted by venkatesh111 View Post
        Thank you very much for the information. Can I use the H1B petition from the old company (that is Company ABC) and transfer it to new employer instead of going for new H1B.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X