Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 With previous company.

Dear All,

I got a question regarding my wife's H4 visa.

I applied for my wife's H4 when I was with my previous employer.

Now I changed my employer. Do I need to again apply a new H4 for my wife through the new company.

Appreciate your response on this one.

Thanks,
    Madhu K.

You don't need to apply again. H4 has nothing to do with any Company. It depends on the primary H1B candidate (You) maintaining the H1B status.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi ,

Just make sure that her I-94 is not expired.
      because it must have been extended for you when you have transfered your H1 to the new employer but the same will not happen for your wife.

So , apply for her extension if her I-94 expiry date is in near future.
      Otherwise there is nothing to worry about...

Thanks and Regards,
      Abhay

Comment

H4 transfer

Hi ,

I currently work fulltime for company XYZ....I recently got married and came back to US.

Before I left for India I got another offer froma company ABC...and they filed for my H1B transfer to them.

My wife has her H4 visa stamped on company XYZ and has her I-94 validity as per mine.

Should I transfer her H4 as well..or should she be fine as she has her H4 still valid??

Plz advice..

Regards

Comment

Scroll a little below and read the previous responses. You will find the answer to your question.

Originally posted by Mathfreak View Post
          Hi ,

I currently work fulltime for company XYZ....I recently got married and came back to US.

Before I left for India I got another offer froma company ABC...and they filed for my H1B transfer to them.

My wife has her H4 visa stamped on company XYZ and has her I-94 validity as per mine.

Should I transfer her H4 as well..or should she be fine as she has her H4 still valid??

Plz advice..

Regards
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X