Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Renewal without getting stamping on first H1

Hi,
    I was on F1 and got H1B approved. So im working since Oct 2009 on H1B and my H1 visa is not stamped as Im in US since then. The problem is that my H1B was approved for only one year i;e till Oct 2010. So my question is that -
    1. Can I apply ( suppose in July next year 2010 ) for it's renewal without the 1st H1b being Visa stamped?
    2. And suppose if I can apply and get my H1b renewed next year, so then can I get the newer H1b stamped now if i got to India and forget about old h1b ?
    Please help me !

Answers below.

Originally posted by kskumar View Post
    Hi,
    I was on F1 and got H1B approved. So im working since Oct 2009 on H1B and my H1 visa is not stamped as Im in US since then. The problm is that my H1B was approved for only one year i;e till Oct 2010. So my question is that -

1. Can I apply ( suppose in July next year 2010 ) for it's renewal without the 1st H1b being Visa stamped?
    >>> Yes.

2. And suppose if I can apply and get my H1b renewed next year, so then can I get the newer H1b stamped now if i got to India and forget about old h1b ?
    >>> Yes. Just carry all your approval notices. The VO will give you the visa till the expiry of the latest approval notice (Provided your passport remains valid until that date).

Please help me !
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X