• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Tax return... FICA OR FED WT

Hi to all seniors,
    I have pay stubs and last pay stubs figure of Tax is:

FICA Year to Date: $5508.80
    FED WT Year to date:$3200.50

my question is how much ammount I will get back as Tax returns.
    please I need advice from all seniors, I ask my company but they not reply more and they ask me to find way to get tax returns, company will issue me W2 in January 2010.

Thanks,
    Prashant Desai.

Maybe some one here should be able to help you. But still, this question should be directed to a tax consultant. Not sure what you expect from the members of an immigration forum. There are so many things taken into account for tax returns. My advise is to consult a tax professional.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

No one can guess what your returns (if any) will be. It depends on the number of deductions, dependents and mainly your income level.

You can earn 10000 and pay 5000 in taxes and get the whole thing back or you could earn 100k, pay 5000 in taxes and end up paying another 25-30 k in taxes and penalties towards the end of the year.

Read more or see if you can go to any tax website and enter the details to get to know the figure of your return.

At a high level, estimated tax can be calculated using the 2009 tax tables.

Like already suggested, this is immigration related site.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks Txh1b, I found it, and its good ammount will be return.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          Maybe some one here should be able to help you. But still, this question should be directed to a tax consultant. Not sure what you expect from the members of an immigration forum. There are so many things taken into account for tax returns. My advise is to consult a tax professional.
          -- Dont forget its related H1B non-immigration forum, and I am on H1B visa and absolutely dont know about taxes, here in the USA employer are not answering well manners, not only to me, even lots of H1B visa holders, I never faced before my stay in UK and dubai for tax related issue.
          Thanks...

Comment

Employer is NOT supposed to provide legal opinion regarding taxes in US. They can get in serious trouble for that as they are not qualified tax professionals.

You have to go to a CPA to get your tax questions answered.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X