X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my H1 petition still valid?

hi,

I have query regarding my H1 petition.

My H1 application was filed by my company(A) and i got approval notice from USCIS. But visa stamping has not happened.
    But now i am moving out of the company A and joining company B.

so i have few questions on the same.
    1. Will my H1 petition be valid in company B?
    2. if yes, what information i should have to use the same? I don have petition number also.
    3. if i get the petition number can i use the petition for stamping from company B?
    4. i have LCA case number and NAICS code. will this be usefull for anything?

Please let me know if you have any suggestions in this scenario.

Thanks,

1. Yes, after H1 transfer.
    2. https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-transfer/
    3. You need approval notice. Same like with employer A.
    4. Yes

Comment

Originally posted by sk4ih View Post
      1. Yes, after H1 transfer.
      2. https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-transfer/
      3. You need approval notice. Same like with employer A.
      4. Yes
      Hi sk4ih,

Thanks for the info. It is really help full.
      But i dont have any documents with me. I recived an email update from my employer that my petition has been approved. Since i am moving out i dont think they will provide also!!
      does this approval notice(form I-797) can be obtained from consulate/USCIS or i have to get from my employer?
      if i dont get the approval notice, is there any other way for this problem?

Thanks

Comment

H1B is an employer's petition. So you cannot get a copy of it from the consulate/USCIS. At least the receipt number in the approval notice is required to prove that you are already CAP counted (In case you want to transfer your petition to some other company later under the same CAP).

Originally posted by virtualreality View Post
        But i dont have any documents with me. I recived an email update from my employer that my petition has been approved. Since i am moving out i dont think they will provide also!!
        does this approval notice(form I-797) can be obtained from consulate/USCIS or i have to get from my employer?
        if i dont get the approval notice, is there any other way for this problem?

Thanks
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X