• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-28 Form

Hello All,

I am waiting for my H1B stamping since 3 months as i have been issued 221g

I have a couple of questions

1) My employer has send me a form G-28 for me to sign and send it back to him does any one have an idea what this form is for ??

2) My family is in USA on H4 does there status effect if I m not in US ??

Thank you for your replies.

Answers below.

Originally posted by mustram View Post
    Hello All,

I am waiting for my H1B stamping since 3 months as i have been issued 221g

I have a couple of questions

1) My employer has send me a form G-28 for me to sign and send it back to him does any one have an idea what this form is for ??

>>> /show-form/g-28

2) My family is in USA on H4 does there status effect if I m not in US ??

>>> Yes. Any short visit outside the country without the family is okay. But 3 months is a long duration. H4 status is valid only if the primary H1B candidate is maintaining the valid H1B status. Since you are out of U.S for 3 months (no status), it is an issue with their status too.

Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you Shervin for the reply a few more questions

I dont understand why my employer is requesting form G-28 is he going to USCIS to check on my visa case ?

Also..

If my family continues to stay till May on H4 because of my daughters school will it create problems with USCIS in the future or is there something they can do to maintain their legal status ?

Comment

Answers below.

Originally posted by mustram View Post
        Thank you Shervin for the reply a few more questions

I dont understand why my employer is requesting form G-28 is he going to USCIS to check on my visa case ?

>>> Did you go through the link that I posted earlier?

Here is it again
        https:///us-visa-and-immigration-for...esentative.jsp

That is just a standard form to let USCIS know that you authorize your attorney/employer for the case(s) filed. That means, all notifications will be sent to the lawyer/employer. It basically means that they represent you and most of the interaction with USCIS will pass through them before it gets to you. Your Work permit approval, AP and green card may all go to them rather than you directly. Attorneys have to file this in most legal cases, whether it's immigration, criminal or civil.

At anytime, u can change this by filing a new G28 form.

Also..

If my family continues to stay till May on H4 because of my daughters school will it create problems with USCIS in the future or is there something they can do to maintain their legal status ?

>>> Unfortunately, USCIS doesn't care about all this. Since the primary H1B holder (YOU) are out of the country for a long time, you don't have any legal status and so does your dependents in U.S.

Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Can my family apply to change there status from H4 to B2 ?

Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X