Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Employer not giving H1 approval paperwork- what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer not giving H1 approval paperwork- what to do?

Hi

I am on H4. I applied for H1 this year. I just got the receipt number from my
    employer. And I didnt even get a copy of the receipt notice. I kept checking my status with that receipt number online and my case was approved on Sep 15 2009(as per the USCIS website). I have been following up since then with the employer but till now I havnt got a copy of the approval notice from him. He says that the attorney is holding the approval docs because of some internal issues and thats why its getting delayed. This has been going on for last three months now. He's not even willing to give me the attorney details. I dont believe the reason he's giving. The problem is that I just have the receipt number with me and I dont have anything to prove that my application got approved as I dont know if that receipt no. belongs to my name. I am really tensed about it as I dont know what to do in this case. I am thinking of going to USCIS to get help but I need your advice in this situation.
    My questions are:
    1) How to find out the beneficiary/applicant's name for that receipt no.? (so that I

know if my H1 actually got approved)
    2) What is my current status right now (provided I have actually got H1 approval)?

and when does a person's status change to H1 after approval?
    3) If my H1 has actually got approved, then what needs to be done now to maintain

legal status?
    4) How long can I wait before starting my first job?

Any advice/comments in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    kjawa

1) It's difficult. All you need to know is the case number, and you have to depend on your employer.

2) If H1 was applied with change-of-status (COS), you're now on H1 from Oct 1st, 2009. If done with consular processing, you're still on H4.

3) Check with employer if it's COS. If not, no need to worry. Next time when you enter on H1, you'll be on H1.

4) If you're on H1, You already have a job, and you should be paid. If not, your stay is illegal.

Comment

Thank you so much for your invaluable advice.

Regards

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X