Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Extension after 6 years

Hi ,

I have my I-140 Approved from my employer whom I have been working since 5 years. FYI, I worked 8 months before with another employer.

I have 2 questions
    • My current 797 expires in may 2010. Do you think I should apply for H1 extension based on 140 approval or first get extended for another 4 months to complete my 6 years in H1?
    • I work for a consulting firm, and getting client letter is not so easy. SO do you think, MY h1 will get denied if I don’t submit the client letter or What are chances nowadays considering the economic situation on if I can get my extension done easily without any issues if I apply H1 using I-140 approval

Suggestions would be appreciated

Answers below.

Originally posted by praveen2008 View Post
    Hi ,

I have my I-140 Approved from my employer whom I have been working since 5 years. FYI, I worked 8 months before with another employer.

I have 2 questions
    • My current 797 expires in may 2010. Do you think I should apply for H1 extension based on 140 approval or first get extended for another 4 months to complete my 6 years in H1?

>>> You can apply extension based on your I-140 approval.

• I work for a consulting firm, and getting client letter is not so easy. SO do you think, MY h1 will get denied if I don’t submit the client letter or What are chances nowadays considering the economic situation on if I can get my extension done easily without any issues if I apply H1 using I-140 approval

>>> Hard to predict. In there is an RFE for the client letter, then you may need to provide it. You can also ask your company to submit documents related to PO with the client and other documents that shows that you have been working with them for so and so duration.

Suggestions would be appreciated
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Getting a H1 extn without a client letter is tough nowadays. Mine got rejected last Nov, because of client letter.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X