Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to L-1B

Hi,

My wife is currently on leave and on H4 for last few months.
    Now her employer wants to sponsor her L-1B and are asking for my last 3 pay slips.

Is it really required to provide my pay slips?? I am not comfortable sharing my pay details with that company. Please let me know

Thanks,
    Abee

Not required. Why do they want your pay slips to sponsor L1B to your wife?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

They say they need my pay slips to show my employment status.
      What should I tell them?

Comment

Are they trying to file a COS from H4 to L1B? In that case, may be they want to make sure that she is in valid L2 status. Her L2 status depends on your valid L1 status. To prove your valid L1 status they might need your latest pay slips. Actually they should be able to file it without your pay slips (With the copy of her valid I-94). However, I guess they just want to make sure that she is not out of status on L2.

If you are not interested in giving them your pay slips, then you can ask them to file the L1 petition without COS. When approved, she need to go out of the country, get the L1B stamped and re-enter in L1 visa.

Originally posted by abee77 View Post
        They say they need my pay slips to show my employment status.
        What should I tell them?

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.
          It is for COS only from H4 to L1.
          USCIS wont be needing my payslips is it? As per you, its only the company who need them for verification??

Comment

Your pay slips are not mandatory. If your wife is out of status on H4, then COS to L1 will get denied.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X