Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status of H-1

Hi,
    I got my H-1 stamped in 2006 and the expiry was in sep 2009. I was in US for 1.5 yrs and due to some circumstances I came back to home country. In the mean time, my company terminated my contract. And due to recession I couldn't get any project to go back in 2009. I quit that company and joined another company in my home country.
    Now I'm planning to go back once again. But I have few questions...
    1) Is the H-1 still valid?
    2) Since the visa expired in Sep 2009, should I apply for New H-1 visa to again come to US or can I get the H-1 transferred to any new employer who wish to sponser my H-1?

Please help!!!!

Answers below.

Originally posted by madhusk View Post
    Hi,
    I got my H-1 stamped in 2006 and the expiry was in sep 2009. I was in US for 1.5 yrs and due to some circumstances I came back to home country. In the mean time, my company terminated my contract. And due to recession I couldn't get any project to go back in 2009. I quit that company and joined another company in my home country.
    Now I'm planning to go back once again. But I have few questions...
    1) Is the H-1 still valid?
    >>> No.

2) Since the visa expired in Sep 2009, should I apply for New H-1 visa to again come to US or can I get the H-1 transferred to any new employer who wish to sponser my H-1?
    >>> Employer need to file a new H1B.

Please help!!!!
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X