Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g yellow form @hyderabad -Kindly suggest

Hi,

Attended interview at hyderabad consulate today(21st Jan 2010).

Me - Hi.. Good Morning
    Vo - good morning
    (Handed over documents to him)
    VO - Have you evere been to US.
    Me - No
    VO - Your degree and University
    Me - BE electronics and communications from Anna Univerisity,Channai.
    VO - What will you be working on for ABC (My employer)
    Me - I told my designation and told the project name and mentinoed this is a client project

VO - Do you have client letter.
    Me - Yes. and handed over client letter to VO.

(He has gone through it and enetered some details in computer)

He handed over a 221(g) Yellow form. He said my case will have to undergo administrative process and said he doesnot need any documents now and handed over 221g yellow form along with passport.

What does this mean? Should i consider this as pure rejection?

Kindly advice...

Thanks in advance

There are plenty of posts regarding 221g in this forum. Search for them and read about the previous experiences. Lot of people have got their visas stamped successfully after the administrative processing. However, the duration of admin process will differ from case to case.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for your reply shervin.

No documents were marked in the 221(g) form. Also, they returned my passport. My doubt is, should I submit the documents given in the form eventhough they are not marked in the form? Or should i wait untill i receive a mail from VFS? This is the first time i have attended. SO plz help...

Comment

Hello Athidi,

An yellow form indicates a general administrative processing and they would make sure that all your documents are genuine..You need not submit any documents from your end because you are not requested for that and the time it varies from case to case, generally yellow cases would not take much time but the unfortunate thing about this is you can not have any track of your case

Just Pray to God that your day should come quickly ...you can also call the consulate if you want to know about the status ...

Please let me know wether you were asked about any specific documents in the interview bcoz i am planning to go for stamping...

Comment

Hi h12010
          From your reply, I understood that Visa Officer will mark the documents in the yellow form if he needs any. Since no markings in my form, i need not submit any.
          He asked only for client letter as I have mentioned that i will be working on client project. He kept only that letter with him and returned passport, I797 forms to me.

Hoping for quick clearance of my case.

All the best for your interview...

Comment

yes ... You would be requested through your email if they need any supporting documents from your end ..

I have 1 more question in the DS 160 what did you fill in for your travel details because my itenary is still not booked , can i fill in my project starting date as my date of travel ...

Thanks

Comment

You need give an exact date. That date can be tentative one..U can provide a date bit earlier to the project start date.

Comment

i also got 221g from chennai askng for client letter?
                What happend to ur case? dd u submitted and got visa stamped?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X