Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 COS

Hi,
    I am currently on L1 and my wife is on l2 with EAD. I applied for H1 for myself in Nov 2009 with COS effective date as March 1, 2010 which is in process. I want to continue on L1 so what are my options. I want to get the H1 done but not do not want the change of status to be done.
    1) if I travel to Canada for 1-2 days and come back to US on L1 will this cancel my COS ?
    2) if I travel to Canada how can I ensure that I submit my I-94 both. I and my wife both have unexpired visas and I94.

thanks in advance.

The easiest way to get back to L1 is to leave the country and return back in L1. But if your visit to Canada is very short, then they won't take your I-94 at the airport. They will ask you to use the same I-94 upon your return. So you need to make sure you return the I-94 and get a new one upon your return. Otherwise the entire trip will be of no use.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

if I leave the country before March 1st and also enter in the country before march 1 st will this cancel the COS application ?
      How can I make sure to submit my I 94 while visiting to canada. is it that If I say I have to stay in canada for more than a month they will accept my I94 and then I can say that due to change in plans I have to enter the country again

Comment

if I leave the country before March 1st and also enter in the country before march 1 st will this cancel the COS application ?
        >>> Any travel outside the country might cancel your COS when the petition is n progress with USCIS.

How can I make sure to submit my I 94 while visiting to canada. is it that If I say I have to stay in canada for more than a month they will accept my I94 and then I can say that due to change in plans I have to enter the country again.
        >>> You can do that. Or you can keep the date of the return ticket open.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X