Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted to share some good news

Hi All,

One of my Colleagues went for his H1B visa extension interview in Hyderabad yesterday. All went well and he got his extension successfully stamped.

Although he had all the relevant documents like the Client letter, Purchase Order etc, all the VO asked for is his Pay Stubs and few simple questions. Below is the conversation. Don't want to mention his name, so using "John" instead.

VO: Beautiful day huh?
    John: Yes, indeed

VO: Where do you work?
    John: I work for XYZ company, but my client is ABC

VO: ABC? never heard of it!
    John: It's a Utilities company based out of Smallville,AX
    VO: Oh, good

VO: What do you do for them?
    John: Explained his role that was mentioned in the Resume
    VO: Good

VO: Do you have any Pay Stubs?
    John: Yes I do and handed over the last 3 months Pay Stubs to the officer

VO: That' it, you are granted the extension and you will receive your passport in the next 72 hours.
    John: Thank you so much, I really appreciate your time. Have a great day.

I know there have been issues recently, however this is not new. Visa rejections, 221G forms and other kind of queries have been there since ages now. The first time I heard about 221G is in the year 2005. So this is nothing new. All I'm trying to say is, there are hundreds of people attending Visa interviews everyday and people who have issues only seek help from forums and post the bad news here. If someone gets a visa, s/he never bothers to share the news on the forum. (Unless s/he is a nice guy like me ). So think about the number of people going for a Visa interview everyday and compare it to the number of people seeking help. I bet you will feel comfortable.

So, if everything is genuine and legal and you think you are not doing anything wrong, please stand your ground and go for the Visa interview. Do the right thing.

All izz Well!
    Last edited by kalyanverma; 01-28-2010, 11:13 AM.

Thank you for sharing good news too!

It's really nice to see some good news here, but my question here is how big is your xyz company, i.e. your employer. I am little bit worried about the employer employee relationship that has come up recently.

Comment

Nice. interview like nothing.... why people are affraid and asking lots of question for H1B interview.....
      anyway its good one....
      -- Omm

Comment

is ur frn consultant or direct employee?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X