Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping Dates in India

Hi,

My brother has an approved H1B and has started working for one of the top organisations in US since mid-Jan.

He needs to visit India in Feb urgently.Please help in answering the below doubts that we have:

1) If we apply for stamping in Feb,what is the probability of getting those dates and location which we select while applying and how much time does it take for VFS to confirm the dates?

2) Since my brother has just started working,he would be having only 1 paystub.Can this be a problem?He was working as a consultant with a big MNC on L1B since 1 year before joining company B on H1.

Thanks in advance.

Answers below.

Originally posted by Rythm09 View Post
    Hi,

My brother has an approved H1B and has started working for one of the top organisations in US since mid-Jan.

He needs to visit India in Feb urgently.Please help in answering the below doubts that we have:

1) If we apply for stamping in Feb,what is the probability of getting those dates and location which we select while applying and how much time does it take for VFS to confirm the dates?
    >>> VFS doesn't need to confirm anything. If you can pick the date and time online and book your appointment, then that will be your confirmed date amd time of the interview unless you cancel later.

2) Since my brother has just started working,he would be having only 1 paystub.Can this be a problem?He was working as a consultant with a big MNC on L1B since 1 year before joining company B on H1.
    >>> Not a problem. Ask him to carry the pay slips from L1 employer as well. All that they want to know is that he maintained his valid status (While on L1 and H1B)

Thanks in advance.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi Shervin,

Thanks for the information.
      I heard different things from people and somehow had an impression that instead of selecting our favourable dates,VFS is alloting dates and location randomly.

Regards,
      Rythm

Comment

You can pick the date and location of the interview. However, if this is the first time H1B stamping, then you need to pick the consulate that falls under the consular district of your permanant residence.

Hi Shervin,

Thanks for the information.
        I heard different things from people and somehow had an impression that instead of selecting our favourable dates,VFS is alloting dates and location randomly.

Regards,
        Rythm

Comment

Hi Shervin,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes its the first time H1 stamping.Is it mandatory to choose the consulate according to the permanent residence or just preferable??

Comment

Mandatory. Also, check with the VFS helpdesk in case of doubts. They will help you with all visa related questions.

Hi Shervin,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes its the first time H1 stamping.Is it mandatory to choose the consulate according to the permanent residence or just preferable??

Comment

Hi Shervin,

As per the VFS website,"Indian citizens resident in the USA on work permit and applying for a new visa to replace an expiring visa can request an appointment at any of the five visa sections".

Does this not apply in our case??We want to choose Kolkata consulate.

My brother is in US since 1 yr (on L1) and 1 month on H1 and he got COS from L1 to H1.Though "the expiring visa" clause does not match here still I am confused and in a big dilemma for chosing the consulate.

VFS helpline numbers are available from Mon-Fri so don't really have the option to call.can't wait till Mon...

This is very urgent...need to schedule the appointment at the earliest.

Kindly help!!

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
              Rythm

Comment

As per my knowledge that applies only to people applying for the same type of visa again (In your case, if it is the 2nd time H1B stamping). First time H1B stamping should be from the consulate that falls under the consular district of your residence. But as I mentioned earlier, you can talk to VFS to confirm. If you pick Kolkotta and if they request for address proof, then you should be in a position to provide it.

Comment

Rythem,

I am not sure why you are choosing "kolkata" .... if you can choose ant other consulate......here if you stuck for any reason they will ask you all these q's like why you are coming to kolkata. i had a very bad exp..here, so please try to ignore it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X