Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer from current employer to other

Hi All,

I have been in US for the past 3 years and i am BSc computer science graduate , currently working in a company as full time employee. I am think of switch over other company due to other prespects like package , good environment etc. while i tranfer my H1 to other employer , if it is denied , will the existing be valid and can i work for the same company where i am as long as my H1 is valid. What are the possibilities of H1 transfer getting denied?
    If you any one know the details of this , pls share with me.
    I really appreciate for any kind of suggestion

Thanks
    Coolguy

Originally posted by coolguy09 View Post
    Hi All,

I have been in US for the past 3 years and i am BSc computer science graduate , currently working in a company as full time employee. I am think of switch over other company due to other prespects like package , good environment etc. while i tranfer my H1 to other employer , if it is denied , will the existing be valid and can i work for the same company where i am as long as my H1 is valid. What are the possibilities of H1 transfer getting denied?

Thanks
    Coolguy
    -- Why did you think negative. remember this forum will help and show you path, nobody can tell you that your H1B transfer will deny or granted, but if your employer is genuine, you have all documents requiered for H1B Transfer, than you will get transfer without any problem.
    Read more om immihelp on h1b transfer. I transfer my H1B 4times without any problem when I hold H1B (2years ago now on GC).
    --OMM

Comment

Your H1B with the current employer will remain valid even if the transfer gets denied unless the employer revokes it. If you are so much worried, then join the new employer only if the transfer gets approved.

No one can predict if the transfer will be successful or failure as it depends on a lot of factors.

Originally posted by coolguy09 View Post
      Hi All,

Thanks
      Coolguy
      Last edited by shervin143; 01-31-2010, 03:52 PM.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

It is up to your current employer whether to revoke their petition or not. If they don't revoke it, you can work for them even if transfer is denied.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

revoking by current employer

thanks for the valuable advice!!

one more question ,what is the possibility of revoking by current employer.? Anyway my current employer don't know about my H1 transfer whether it is approved or denied.
          Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X