Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Establishing Residency

All:

I am on H1 B and my wife is on H4 .. I have been working in TX(client ) for the past 1.5 years ..my employer is in NJ and my pay roll is run from NJ(I pay taxes for NJ)

I rent a house,car registered in the state of texas, have texas licence.. Does this qualify me for Texas Resident

my wife is planning to go school in Texas .. can she enroll in the school as Texas Resident and pay only in state tution..

Thanks in advance !

Answer...

If you are in texas then why your employer is running payroll for NJ address?
    If you will consider your TX address then you can save very good amount of money as TX has no state tax. And of course, your wife can enroll in school as TX resident and pay only state tution.

[Note:- I am not legal advisor, check with attorney for further help].

Originally posted by desi_h1b View Post
    All:

I am on H1 B and my wife is on H4 .. I have been working in TX(client ) for the past 1.5 years ..my employer is in NJ and my pay roll is run from NJ(I pay taxes for NJ)

I rent a house,car registered in the state of texas, have texas licence.. Does this qualify me for Texas Resident

my wife is planning to go school in Texas .. can she enroll in the school as Texas Resident and pay only in state tution..

Thanks in advance !

Comment

This is illegal. You need to be paying tax for the state where you are working. Your LCA need to be amended for working in Texas. It's employer's like these who are making USCIS take extreme measures against entire H1B community. If caught, both you and your employer will be in trouble.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X