Driving Licence On Pending H1B status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving Licence On Pending H1B status

I am here on H1B with approved I-140. My H1B expiries on 19th February. I applied for H1B Extention and still have pending status.

In Florida, On H1B they give only 1 year Driving Licence and needs to renew every year. As my I-94 shows 19th February,2010 , I got my licence valid untill 19th Feb.

Anyone know, how I can I renew my Driving Licence based on pending H1B Status ? Please Help

You can't. Your approved petition is required.
    http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71826
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by contact2sam View Post
      I am here on H1B with approved I-140. My H1B expiries on 19th February. I applied for H1B Extention and still have pending status.

In Florida, On H1B they give only 1 year Driving Licence and needs to renew every year. As my I-94 shows 19th February,2010 , I got my licence valid untill 19th Feb.

Anyone know, how I can I renew my Driving Licence based on pending H1B Status ? Please Help
      This is very state specific. I would recommend you to call Florida DMV to check if they would renew your license using the USCIS receipt notice (I797C). If they would, you are in luck. Your license may be renewed anywhere from 1 month to 1 year (again subjective).

Alternately, you can change your I-129 processing to premium.

Comment

License Renewal while H1 pending - NJ

I wanted to share my story for license renewal while H1 pending. You need receipt for H1 filing along with last H1 approval notice. Get a copy of "240 day rule". Take your time explaning "240 day rule" to DMV. Many DMV employee's are aware of this.

USCIS has started a program called SAVE from Sept 2012. With this program agencies can check personal status by entering their information into system. I was turn down the first day saying my information did not get verified with USCIS. DMV provided me with case number and told me to wait until they get OK from USCIS. A person can check their status online with case number provided. However, person will not know the outcome. The website will only show “In Process” or “your decision was provided to agency and contact them directly”. Generally, DMV takes your contact number and they they call back once they hear from USCIS. In my case, I got OK from DMV and they extended my license for 240 days after last H1 expiration. Somehow my wife’s status is still pending. We need to wait another 10 working days before we get response on her status from USCIS.

With above, I can say that you have a chance to get renewal on license while H1 is pending.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X