H1b Stamping question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Stamping question..

Until 2009 March I was on a H1B visa, after that, I went back to India, applied for an extended leave and came back here on a H4 visa. Now, I'm going to join back to work in US for a different client.So, I need to get my status changed to H1B. My employer has asked me to travel to India and get a H1B stamping. In my H1B petition I have Client A's information. But I'm going to be working for Client B. My employer said that he will issue a new Client letter and a Transfer Memorandum. My employer is a well known Indian IT company.

I have some questions regarding the visa interview. It would be really helpful if you can provide some inputs on this

I heard that if the client that we are travelling for is different from the client mentioned in the H1B petition, it will create issues during the H1B stamping. Is that true ?

Do I need to take any other client related documents (other than client letter).

Would I need a new I129 ? (My existing I129 has Client A's details)

Would I need a new LCA ?

Thanks in advance.
    Bevi.
    Last edited by bevi06; 02-10-2010, 07:54 PM. Reason: Change Title

I heard that if the client that we are travelling for is different from the client mentioned in the H1B petition, it will create issues during the H1B stamping. Is that true ?

>>> You need the H1B amended and you need to get a new LCA. One must always file an H1B amendment when the existing Labor Condition Application (LCA) does not cover the new place of employment. This will necessitate a new LCA and an H1B amendment.

Do I need to take any other client related documents (other than client letter).
    >>> Client letter is good enough.

>>> See ans.1

Would I need a new LCA ?
    >>> Yes.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you for the information.

Bevi.

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post

>>> You need the H1B amended and you need to get a new LCA. One must always file an H1B amendment when the existing Labor Condition Application (LCA) does not cover the new place of employment. This will necessitate a new LCA and an H1B amendment.

>>> Client letter is good enough.

>>> See ans.1

Would I need a new LCA ?
      >>> Yes.

Comment

Check this.
        https://www.immihelp.com/h1b-petition-amendment/
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X