Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa - Expecting your help...

Hi

I came to US for H1-B few days back and my family members wife and son are there in my Home contry. I didn't file H4 for them and am going to file the H4-dependant visa, Before that I would like to know few things.

1. How soon I can get the H4 approval papers, that means How long it will take to get the H4 approval papers...

2. Do I need to Include my name on my son's and wife passport?

3. I tried to get a passport for my son, Indian passport officer told I need to get some papers from Indian Embacy in US. Can anyone explain me what / which paper I have to get and where should I get. Kindly update the exact address or contact phone numbers.

Thank you

Regards
    Tami

Hi,

1) u can send all the required documets from u r Employer as soon as possible( see H4 documents in this site)

2)u have to include ur name on UR son and wife passport( any how this will come father name and Husband name)

3) to get passport for u r son , u have to sumbit date of Birh certifate from school, or MRO/Muncipality..( no need to take from Indian embassy in USA)

if u still have doubts ask me or in the forum

Thanks
    ravi

Comment

Read https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/h1b
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

How to get indian passport when one of the parent is in the US?

Hi,

My kids were in India while I wanted to apply H4 for my kids and spouse. Here's what what you need to do. Visit the Indian embassy nearby and get the form "Minor Affidavit if parent(s) abroad" duly attested. You can download the form from the chennai passport office website http://passport.tn.nic.in.

HTH
        Regards.

Comment

The site I quoted also lists all other forms required to get a minor's passport in India.

Comment

H4 Visa - Expecting your help...

Hi

This Affidavit is mandatory, without this affidavit can I get a passport for my son?

Thanks
            TLaks

Originally posted by kras
            Hi,

My kids were in India while I wanted to apply H4 for my kids and spouse. Here's what what you need to do. Visit the Indian embassy nearby and get the form "Minor Affidavit if parent(s) abroad" duly attested. You can download the form from the chennai passport office website http://passport.tn.nic.in.

HTH
            Regards.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X