Peculiar New H1B Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peculiar New H1B Question

-- I was let go while working for Company A as an FTE and my H1B cancelled.
    -- 2 months later, found job and filed H1B as a consultant for Company B
    -- H1B approved but extension of stay denied
    -- Visa on Passport with Company A still valid, so exited/entered U.S safely and obtained new I-94
    -- Work with Company B still going on, now hired by company C as an FTE and they filed for my H1B under Premium.

My question to all experts and immigration geniuses is what are the implications of my new petition and how safely will I get through.

Please advice. Much Obliged. Thanks!

what's so peculiar about it?

It's just a regular H1 case, and will be approved if everything is fine.
    You can start working for new employer after receipt notice.

Comment

I don't see any peculiarity in your case. Yours is a normal H1 transfer? also nobody is here to give any predictions!!!

Comment

Thanks for the replies folks...

I added "peculiar" on the topic with regards to my petition history, the previous H1B with Company B which was issues with a denial of extension and me exiting/entering to get back in status, will that effect their decision for the new petition.

Comment

Another issue...

Hello folks,
          -- As I had quoted earlier, I was offered this FTE position as a Senior Software Engineer and I agreed to the job for the specified salary.
          -- Now when the initial DOL thing was filled out, the attorney could not file for a Senior position for the salary quoted, so he went ahead and applied for Software Engineer position
          -- I am now in dilemma on how to proceed further, because for the past 4 years I have been in a senior position and held a H1B with the same.
          -- Going forward, how is this going to affect me in terms of GC and should I ask for a promotion asap and then file another amendment so I get into that senior position...

Please advice!

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Any advice regarding this, folks??
            banking heavily on inputs!

Comment

Each company has different names for the position and some call it senior, some may not. It does not matter as far as H1b goes. If you are worried too much, shell out $1000 and go with PP for a result in 15 days.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks for the reply, TXH1B!!

I received my approval (email notification) today.

It quotes the following information,
                Beneficiary: ABC
                DOB: mm/dd/yyyy
                Classification: H1B
                Starting Validity Date: mm/dd/yyyy
                Ending Validity Date: mm/dd/yyyy
                Consulate notified (if applicable):
                I-94 # (if applicable): xxxxxxxxxxx

since I have the I-94 # listed, does it mean that along with the approval I will be receiving my extension of stay (I-94) as opposed to my experience with USCIS the last time round.

Please advice. Thanks!

Comment

Yes.
                  Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thats a relief, thanks for the reply Shervin143!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X