Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Visa transfer

Hello Guys,

I am on a H1B through an Indian MNC working for a Client in the US. My Client offered me a job. I spoke to my manager at Indian MNC about this offer, he has agreed to let me join the client, But wants me to serve a 3 month notice (either in US or India) and go to India to complete the separation process. My visa stamp is currently for my Indian MNC.

1)Can my client transfer my H1B now even though I can join only in June 1st week.
    2) I am planning to serve a 2 month notice period from US and 1 month from India, Can I continue to work in US for my Indian MNC (for 2 months) even if Client transfers the Visa ?
    3) If my visa gets transfered to the client now & when i goto India to complete the separation process, Can my Indian MNC cancel my visa stamp ?
    4) If #3 is yes, then will i be eligible for a new stamp based on my transfered petition?

Sorry if the questions are too naive. Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

1) Yes. You can still work for old company even after successful transfer, and join new company when you're ready.
    2) Yes
    3) Visa is property of US, not that of MNC's. If the visa is not expired, you can still use that visa to travel and work for new company.
    4) You can also go for visa stamping with new company's approved petition.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X