Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CWOP Written on H1b Visa

Hi
    I have stamped my H1b Visa in 2008 after that i went to embassy for B1 Visa stamping.there it asked me why you didn't went on H1b Visa i told them due to recession my employer didn't turned me up.so that's the reason for not travelling on H1b.At that time consultate has written CWOP on my H1B Visa and issued me B1 visa.
    I donot know what exactly CWOP means.Later my employer is calling me on H1B Visa.
    I have planned my trip for US but on delhi airport at immigration they refused to go to US as CWOP is written on my H1b Visa.they told me to check with embassy people and verify about ur visa

Please help me what should be done in this case as my petition is valid till 2011 but my visa is CWOP
    it means my visa is cancelled and i have to reapply for H1B Cap or i have to give H1b Interview again.Please help me out

CWOP means "Cancelled without prejudice". You need to get your H1B stamped again to travel in H1B visa. You are already CAP counted and since you have a valid petition, you just need to attend the H1B stamping again.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H1B expired in 2011, CWOP

Hi,

My H1B was filed in 2008 by a company in the US. Due to recession I did not joined that company. The visa was valid for initial 3 years and expired in 2011. After the expiry of the visa, the officer at the port of entry (while I was traveling on B1 Business visa), had written
      CWOP on the H1b page of the passport.

Now, I the same old company has secured some new contracts and have called me to join them.

Q1: I understand that the CWOP stamp I need to go to consulate and get another stamping done. Is that true?

Q2: It expired in 2011, Can I get it renewed now in 2013?

Q3: I have all the petition details with me (Initial validity was for 3 yrs only: 1 Oct 2008 to Aug 2011) and I understand that the petition is valid for 6 years (3 +3)? That ways I may have 1 more year to go before completion of 6 years from 2008. Please advice.

Seniors.....Please help....
      Last edited by kapilverma; 09-24-2013, 02:27 AM. Reason: added details

Comment

Hi,

My H1B was filed in 2008 by a company in the US. Due to recession I did not joined that company. The visa was valid for initial 3 years and expired in 2011. After the expiry of the visa, the officer at the port of entry (while I was traveling on B1 Business visa), had written
        CWOP on the H1b page of the passport.

Now, I the same old company has secured some new contracts and have called me to join them.

Q1: I understand that the CWOP stamp I need to go to consulate and get another stamping done. Is that true?

Q2: It expired in 2011, Can I get it renewed now in 2013?

Q3: I have all the petition details with me (Initial validity was for 3 yrs only: 1 Oct 2008 to Aug 2011) and I understand that the petition is valid for 6 years (3 +3)? That ways I may have 1 more year to go before completion of 6 years from 2008. Please advice.

Seniors.....Please help...
        Hello, Kapil.

Answering your question: Your visa is valid, just that now they have put a Cancelled stamp, your employer will have to file a fresh petition I797. You still have the visa and you are cap exempt. And, most likely your I797 will again get approved. Once I797 is approved with a fresh date, you need to go to the consulate and give the H1B interview again.

Also, if you are able to get this H1B revived, you will have all 6 years again to be used (E.g.: 2014 to 2020, in tranches of 3 years maximum and minimum can be anything depending on the petition). You have until 2014 to file a petition for having this H1B visa revived.

I hope this helps.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
        Last edited by Nattybone; 09-24-2013, 04:38 AM.
        These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

CWOP on H1B whether any feasibility for getting my H1B with cap exempt

H1B got expired on 2008 which was stamped on 2006 which i used only for 4 months, now when i went for H4 stamping they got my old VISA written as CWOP, if i get opportunity in US whether i can get H1B stamped again..? Looking for suggest/options of getting H1B stamped....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X