X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension in light of Jan 8th Memo

Hi,

Can anyone please advise me?

My H1B expires in June 2010. I have a project ( third party) for some more years ; I just applied for the extension with my current employer in premium processing( California Service Center).

Question:
    1. I hope the extension gets extended ; but if it gets rejected - Can I apply for a fresh H1B petition from the same company ( this may go to Vermont) ? ( reason : GC is under process)
    2. What are the chances of getting the fresh h1B approval?
    3. Does not the Vermont Service Center access the details of my H1B extension petition in California Service Center?
    4. Would the outcome of Vermont be dependent on California decision?
    just an FYI - my GC is under process ( Labor and I 140 are approved, although this may not help me in H1B extension).

Thank you very much in advance!

Good luck to all the people who are in the same situation like me.

Thanks,
    Prabhanj

1. Yes. If approved you can only work from oct, 2010. So if extn denied, you have leave US and enter after Oct 1st with a valid H1 visa.

2. USCIS would know

3. Yes

4. No.

Comment

GC question

Thank you for your advise.

Worst case scenario - if I return to India then :
      1. Can I continue my GC processing like applying for I-485 when PD is available from India?
      2. If so, Do I need to work for the same company ( Indian branch of my US GC employer) in India also? or any other company is also ok?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
      Prabhanj

Comment

1. Yes
        2. No need to work for same company. GC is for future employment., i.e., You'll work for that company after getting GC.

Comment

Originally posted by sk4ih View Post
          1. Yes
          2. No need to work for same company. GC is for future employment., i.e., You'll work for that company after getting GC.
          Thank you very much for your advise!

I will keep updating how my H1B extension goes.

Best Regards,
          Prabhanj

Comment

prabhanj, can u share ur H1B extention / renewal update. How did it go, any RFE or approval or denied. Like you I am in the same state.

Any update is appreciated.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X