Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94

Hi,

I have a question regarding my I-94. August 2009 I changed from employer A to employer B. I worked for the employer B on the portabality of H1b ( receipt number)for one month and because of some personal reasons I had to go back to my employer A. So I quit employer B and started to work for employer A again, as they had my H1B. December 2009 I went to India and got my visa stamped that I had from employer A and returned to US on 28Dec09. Due to some buisness slow down employer A started to layoff, so I contacted my employer B for the employment. As they had received my H1B approval and they had not cancelled the H1b and offered me the job again. So my question is regarding the I-94. The one i have on my passport is employer A I-94. and I have another one which is from employer B....can anyone please suggest me what I need to do, Am I legal to stay in US and work for employer B.

Appreciate all the help

Which is your latest one?

** Not a Legal Advice

Comment

One on the passport is from employer A.

Comment

Yes, you can work for Company B since the petition is still valid.

Read about the last action rule in the forum. The last received I-94 takes precedence over all the other I-94's. When did the transfer to Company B get approved? Was that during the time when you were in India? You are supposed to return all the I-94's when you left the country. If the I-94 in the passport is what is the latest, then you will need to return the other I-94 to the CBP.

Check this
        https://www.immihelp.com/returning-u...4-form-to-cbp/
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin.

My employer B H1 got approved right after I quit them in September 2009. I was not knowing about the approval. I got my H1B papers in 2010, so before I left to India I could not give the I94 of emplyer B at the port of departure, as it was not with me.

Comment

Hello Shervin,

So do I need to submit the employer B I-94 now?

Comment

you must surrender ALL I-94's while leaving.

Comment

Yes, like I mentioned before, you need to mail it to CBP with all the supporting documents mentioned in the link that I posted in my previous response. Company B's I-94 was supposed to be returned when you left country. Since you didn't do that, you need to send it by post. Follow the instruction in the below link.
                Returning an Uncollected Form I-94 Back to U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Originally posted by madhu78 View Post
                Hello Shervin,

So do I need to submit the employer B I-94 now?
                Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X