Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B validity after re-joining the sponsor company

Hi,
    The H1B sponsored by my company A expired on Mar-2007. Since then I had applied for 2 extensions while working in USA, the latest petition of which is valid till Jun-2011. However, when I returned to India last year, I quit company A and joined company B.
    Now, if I would like to go back to company A, could I use the same petition to get the stamping done and use rest of the H1B's 6 year validity or do they have to file a new H1B petition?

Basically I would like to know whether the petition would have been canceled once I quit company A?

Thanks,
    Karthik

Now, if I would like to go back to company A, could I use the same petition to get the stamping done and use rest of the H1B's 6 year validity or do they have to file a new H1B petition?
    >>> Yes, provided the petition is not revoked.

Basically I would like to know whether the petition would have been canceled once I quit company A?
    >>> Well, this question should be asked to your x-employer (company A). They could have revoked your H1B. You can also check the status of your petition in the below link. However, keep in mind that the information here is not always upto-date. Getting it clarified from company A is the only best option.
    http://www.immihelp.com/timings/tracking.jsp
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

OK. Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X