X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Cancellation of H1B Query

Hi,

I am in US on a H1B visa.
    I am planning to go to take a Leave of Absence (not resigning) from my current US employer and go to my home country on leave and apply for F1 visa.

I am doing this so that I can still continue employment in case my student visa does not get approved.

My question is, will my valid employment in US under H1B cause issues with my F1 application? Could it cause grounds for rejecting my F1 visa?

Also, assuming it isn't a problem, does my H1B get cancelled as soon as my F1 is stamped?

Thanks in advance for the replies!

No issues. No impact of F1 on H1.

Comment

Thank you so much for the reply!

I have a follow up question...
      My US employer may have to submit application to change work location on my LCA form.

I am planning to apply for new F1 visa and appear for interview by April 15.

How long does it usually take for the change of LCA work location to get processed?
      Assuming it does not happen by April 15 and I get my F1 visa stamped, will the LCA work location change application cause my newly received F1 visa to be cancelled when it eventually goes through processing?

Comment

H1B and F1 are entirely different processes. As mentioned before, one will not impact another. Applying a new LCA will have no impact on F1.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X