Process/steps in H4->H1 COS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Process/steps in H4->H1 COS

I know my employer is the best person to answer this. But, the problem is whenever I ask any details, he always tries to abstract the info.

So, basically I want to know the process/steps involved in H4 -> H1 COS. If there are sequence of steps, after which step one is authorized to work? I tried getting the info online, but couldn't . If any of you can give me a pointer or explain the process in detail, it would be very great and helpful.

As per my employer, I can start working in 2 weeks after he initiates the process. I want to make sure that I don't run into any legal issues. Once the employer has initiated the COS process, is there a way one can track the status and also to verify the status after the completion of the process.

Sorry for too many questions. But, please please do help!!!

Thanks a ton in advance!!

You can work only after the CoS case is approved.

If you have case number of any case, you can track it, and you can also subscribe to alerts to receive any updates to your e-mail id.

Comment

thanks for the reply, sk4ih.

Looking forward for a more detailed reply.

Comment

What detail reply are you expecting? You cannot work until your COS from H4 to H1B gets approved. What your employer is saying is illegal. You cannot work on just the receipt number during a COS from H4. If you need more details, ask specific questions.

Originally posted by coollife View Post
        thanks for the reply, sk4ih.

Looking forward for a more detailed reply.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X