L2 to H1B transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 to H1B transfer

Hi - I have L2 visa & 2 months back applied for H1B stamping at US counsulate and as more docs requested by counsulate ...submitted them later...but still its under process.

Now my spouse is at US on L1 and here are my queries.

1.Can I enter into US on L2 and then COS to H1B....if so wats the time frame for that? & does employer intiate the process or me to take it-up further?

2.Can I apply for L2 EAD & COS to H1B at the same time and start working if one of them is approved?

3.If I request for return of docs from counsulate, is there any chance of rejection of visa? If its rejection, I think H1B approval papers will be sent back to USCIS. pls confirm.

Please respond to these questions soon.

Thanks
    Nanda

1.Can I enter into US on L2 and then COS to H1B....if so wats the time frame for that? & does employer intiate the process or me to take it-up further?
    >>> If your L2 visa is still valid, then you can do that. COS to H1B takes 2-3 months by normal process and 15 days by premium. It has to be done by the employer.

2.Can I apply for L2 EAD & COS to H1B at the same time and start working if one of them is approved?
    >>> Yes.

3.If I request for return of docs from counsulate, is there any chance of rejection of visa? If its rejection, I think H1B approval papers will be sent back to USCIS. pls confirm.
    >>> You can request the consulate to return your documents and stop processing your visa application. You will get all your documents back.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks so much for your response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X