Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed, Lost passport with valid H1b while traveling abroad

Hi everyone,

I am an Indian citizen working on H1B visa in USA. My passport and Visa were stolen while traveling to Costa Rica 2 days back.

We have applied for the temp passport ( a hand written passport ) from nearest Indian embassy in Panama.

We will try to get an emergency visa issues on that passport from us embassy. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this situation, any advice or comments are highly appreciated.

​​​​​

I don't have personal experience. I've read experiences online of people being asked about lost passports at the embassy interview. In the ones I read recently, it had no negative effect on visa decision.

My only advice is that make sure you have a comprehensive police report, preferably in English or with translation certified by consulate / ministry of foreign affairs, etc. You might have already done that to get your new temp passport. You may likely need it in the future as well, so make sure you keep it with you for the next couple of years / visa renewals.

Best of luck with your situation. It must be very hard and stressful.

Comment

Hi
      i was wondering if you can share how you were able to solve the situation? Were you able to enter usa with emergency passport? Please reply. I am in same boat here

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X