Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoS H1b to H4 - No Receipt Notice

Hi All,

I would greatly appreciate your inputs on my situation. I am currently on an H1b already in the United States. My wife is also on an H1b. Her H1b was approved in 2018 (converted from OPT) but she has not completed her stamping yet.

I applied for an H1b to H4 Change of Status on 11 May 2019. My application included only the form I 539 for myself along with supporting documents. As per the information provided here - https://www.uscis.gov/i-539-addresses , I sent my application via fedex to the Phoenix, AZ address at Skyharbor (since my wife's approval notice receipt number starts with WAC).

The package was received at the Phoenix center on 14 May 2019 and signed for by E.DEJESUS.

As of 5/31, I am yet to receive a receipt number and my check has not been encashed either. On calling USCIS, I was told that the Phoenix address I sent my application to is not a lockbox but a service center and that the SLA for service center is 30 calendar days. So they asked me to wait until 30 days have passed and then if required, they would raise a service request.

Questions:
    1. Is it true that the Sky Harbor address is not a lockbox and has a longer wait period ? Should I be concerned that it has been close to three weeks and my check has also not been encashed yet?
    2. For personal reasons, I am going to have to quit my company by 12 June 2019. How long can I stay in the US beyond this date assuming my receipt number does not come though? Do I get a grace period of 60 days?

Any inputs would be much appreciated. Thank you!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X