Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we go to Mexico from India for H1 Stamping

Hello Everyone,

I booked a H1b Visa appointment on June 18th in Mexico when i was in US , on emergency i came to India and visa dates in India are too far and i need to go back to US by end of this month as i may loose job if not and also i need to apply an extension in August

Need some help on couple of questions:

1. Can i travel to Mexico from India on same appointment ? I am planning to take mexico visitor visa and would there be any complications
    2. If Visa stamped in Mexico, can i go directly to USA and not go back to India?
    3. If not Mexico, Can i go to other countries like Dubai,Abu Dhabi or Singapore?
    4. Any way we can get an earlier date in India

Thanks,
    PD

Mexico consulate requires that you already have a stamped visa and you're doing a plain renewal. They have some other requirements for third-party nationals. So long as you satisfy those, they wouldn't care how you entered Mexico (from US or India). If you've ever experienced issues with CBP (and they don't define issues), then they wouldn't issue a renewal visa immediately.

There is no need to go to India if you already have a visa stamped in Mexico.

Most consulates in third countries will require you live there on an extended visa of some sort (not tourist visa). Check their sites for rules for third party nationals. Countries physically close to US do accept third party nationals.
    Last edited by Mogu; 06-02-2019, 11:54 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X