Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company Name Change, H1B and Green Card

Hello to All Senior Members,
    I am currently working with company “A-B” which is a joint venture of company A and B (Manufacturing Industry). Soon, the company will be acquired by company “B” and most likely it will change its name from “A-B” to “B”. There will be no changes in my job duties, salary and anything else but company’s name might be changed under the new ownership. I have following questions….
    1.)Does the new employer need to transfer H-1b and or need to do anything else (Labor Certi, application or similar stuff)?
    2.)If there is anything need to be done, how much time we have after the company changes it’s name?
    3.)Currently, the company “A-B” is in process of getting Labor Certification for my Green Card. Does the company need to redo the process or will there be any effect?
    Those questions are bugging me since last week. I would truly appreciate if you guys can advise me. Truly appreciate your time and help in advance (txh1b any advise this time??)

Any suggestion????

Any Suggestions? Kindly reply. Looking forward to hear from you guys,

Comment

[Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice.]
      Originally posted by Avatar View Post
      Hello to All Senior Members,
      I am currently working with company “A-B” which is a joint venture of company A and B (Manufacturing Industry). Soon, the company will be acquired by company “B” and most likely it will change its name from “A-B” to “B”. There will be no changes in my job duties, salary and anything else but company’s name might be changed under the new ownership. I have following questions….
      1.)Does the new employer need to transfer H-1b and or need to do anything else (Labor Certi, application or similar stuff)?
      It will be like normal h1 to h1 transfer.
      2.)If there is anything need to be done, how much time we have after the company changes it’s name?
      Once they change it to B, immediately before A-B goes out of business, you need to start h1b transfer process.
      3.)Currently, the company “A-B” is in process of getting Labor Certification for my Green Card. Does the company need to redo the process or will there be any effect?
      Once A-B gone, you need to file labor again with B.
      Those questions are bugging me since last week. I would truly appreciate if you guys can advise me. Truly appreciate your time and help in advance (txh1b any advise this time??)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X