Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cgifederal appointment booking question for H1B stamping

Hi,
    I am trying to fill out information on the cgifederal passport site to pay the fees.. One of the questions asked is:

"Passport issuance place" :

Both my kids passport were issued by the Indian embassy in San Francisco. Should i select "India" in the drop down here or "United States of America".. THe word 'place' is a little confusing. Any help you guys could provide would be much appreciated..

I am in a hurry to block a slot as my tickets are already booked and my appointment is not..

Originally posted by greymit View Post
    Hi,
    I am trying to fill out information on the cgifederal passport site to pay the fees.. One of the questions asked is:

"Passport issuance place" :

Both my kids passport were issued by the Indian embassy in San Francisco. Should i select "India" in the drop down here or "United States of America".. THe word 'place' is a little confusing. Any help you guys could provide would be much appreciated..

I am in a hurry to block a slot as my tickets are already booked and my appointment is not..
    The DS60 form asks for:

Country/Authority that Issued Passport/Travel Document: INDIA
    City Where Issued: SFO
    Country/Region Where Issued: USA.

Typically you need to parse the words and see if they're asking for location of issue or country granting passport. If you have different wording, post here what the exact wording you're seeing.
    Last edited by Mogu; 06-14-2019, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Hi I am in the same situation.

I have an Indian passport which was renewed in the Indian embassy at Houston, USA.

Should I give the "Passport Issuance Place" as India or USA?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X