Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview Waiver Question (Step 7)

Hello,
    Please advise on my current issue. I am planning to go to India in Nov 2019 for my Visa renewal. I have completed the DS-160 and while scheduling an appointment I am stuck on the Steop 7 question which is ..

Did your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) expire within the last 12 months?
    Note:Please ensure that the 12 month validity is valid on the date of appointment/submission.

In my passport, the visa validity is July 29th 2018. Technically the answer to the above question is YES, but it will be more than 12 months in Nov when i go for the stamping/dropbox. The last two words of the second part of that question throws me off which is "appointment/submission".

Does it mean that if I submit my application today or within the next week, i can select YES for above question?

Please advise. Thank you.

No, it means that if you go for your appointment in Nov 2019, then your visa should have expired latest in Nov 2018. If you are going for a November 2019 visa renewal, you are not eligible for dropbox with a visa that expired in July 2018. The submission is not online - the submission of the passport is in person. That is the date you have to count from.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X