Starting a Not For Profit Organization on H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a Not For Profit Organization on H1B

I am on H1B visa and I want to start a non profit organization in US. I have no so intention in making profit nor converting it to any profitable business either now or in future. Because the nature of the work and ideas involved , I want to run this organization for now. However , this organization would need to raise funds and donations for its cause.

Do you think is it possible for me to register a non profit org here in US and also manage it, maintaining my H1 status ?

Will it affect my GC processing in any possible way ?

Any input will be appreciated.

Thank you

Check this.
    http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70359
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Sorry, but posted link did not helped. Can somebody please reply? Thanks.

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post

Comment

Starting a Not For Profit Organization on H1B (reposted for help!!!)

I am on H1B visa and I want to start a non profit organization in US. I have no so intention in making profit nor converting it to any profitable business either now or in future. Because the nature of the work and ideas involved , I want to run this organization for now. However, this organization would need to raise funds and donations for its cause. That means I need to run it actively rather than being a passive investor.

Do you think is it possible for me to register a non profit org here in US and also manage it, maintaining my H1 status?

Comment

I have the same questions and looking for answers. Please let me know if you found some useful advice/ legal opinions yet. Thanks!

Originally posted by hshou2 View Post
          I am on H1B visa and I want to start a non profit organization in US. I have no so intention in making profit nor converting it to any profitable business either now or in future. Because the nature of the work and ideas involved , I want to run this organization for now. However, this organization would need to raise funds and donations for its cause. That means I need to run it actively rather than being a passive investor.

Do you think is it possible for me to register a non profit org here in US and also manage it, maintaining my H1 status?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X