Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chances of H1B interview approval after petition approval but previous L1B rejection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances of H1B interview approval after petition approval but previous L1B rejection

I am a software engineer working from Chennai, India for a US based product company. I have been working for this company for more than 9 years. I directly work on company's softwares, I don't work for a client or at a client site.

I was on L1B (individual petition approved) from end of 2014 to mid 2017. After that my company applied for individual extension but that got RFE. As I was going to return to India for personal reasons(death of an uncle), lawyers suggested to withdraw my L1B individual extension attempt and advised me to appear for L1B Blanket in India. That got rejected as Not Clearly Approvable.

Then in end of 2017 another attempt of L1B individual got denied as well.

Then in 2019 in the month of May, another attempt of L1B blanket got denied, again. Luckily my company filed my H1B this year and the petition got approved on 2 July. Now my question is will my denial of L1B blanket twice and denial of L1B individual once raise any red flag when I go for H1B consular visa interview?

I know both the L1B and H1B are different visas and can be applied in parallel without one impacting the outcome of other. But since my L1B got rejected three times in two years, will that raise any red flag during the visa interview for H1B?

Please advise.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X