Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 - Tax filing for only one month - any problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 - Tax filing for only one month - any problem?

I am planning to file my taxes for 2009. The problem for me is i worked only for one month in 2009 (i was working with the company from 2006). Got layoff'd and went to India for rest of the year. Now i am back (feb 2010) and working for the same company with the same visa - the visa was never taken back or voided out. My W2 for 2009 has a very small amount - will it cause any problem for me (raise any alert at the INS) - also will it be an issue if i go in for a green card later this year?

Thanks.

It matters only if you were in US without any pay. Means, if you were here only for 1 month with pay in 2009 and rest of the time, if you were out side of US, then it shouldn't create any problem for current as well as for future.

But if you were in US without pay for some time, then it may will create problem in future somewhere, depends.....

[Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice.]
    Originally posted by me_myself View Post
    I am planning to file my taxes for 2009. The problem for me is i worked only for one month in 2009 (i was working with the company from 2006). Got layoff'd and went to India for rest of the year. Now i am back (feb 2010) and working for the same company with the same visa - the visa was never taken back or voided out. My W2 for 2009 has a very small amount - will it cause any problem for me (raise any alert at the INS) - also will it be an issue if i go in for a green card later this year?

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X