Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer of H1 B before October - OPT

Hello,

If Employer A files my H1 app on 1st April 2010, how soon can I get the application transferred to employer B? Do I need to wait till October and get 3 paystubs before transferring?

Please help.

Thanks in advance for your help.

How can you transfer without having an approved petition? Ofcourse you need to wait until October 1st. You can initiate the transfer immediately upon receiving the approval notice. You need to show pay slips from Oct 1st until the date when the transfer is filed.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      How can you transfer without having an approved petition? Ofcourse you need to wait until October 1st. You can initiate the transfer immediately upon receiving the approval notice. You need to show pay slips from Oct 1st until the date when the transfer is filed.
      One can have an employer file for a transfer prior to Oct 1st once the H1b petition is approved and has proof of the approval or the I797 or atleast a receipt number that the person knows belongs to tham and has a online status of approved.

The transfer will still have an effective date of Oct 1st and the person continues to be in their current visa status (if that is valid) until Oct 1st if it is a COS.

No paystubs are necessary if the transfer is filed prior to the H1b effective date.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X