Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Inteview change of consulate Delima

Need help for my case
    I applied H1B visa & my employer filed visa through Mumbai Consulate.& its got approved.Now currently I reside in Bangalore, Karntaka, Indai . When I book the Visa Interview date on vfs site, It ask me residence state and given following message & point to Chennai Consulate

THE STATE OF RESIDENCE SHOULD BE THE LAST STATE WHERE YOU HAVE LIVED FOR AT LEAST SIX MONTHS

You must ensure that you have documentary evidence to prove the 'State of Residence' that you have selected to schedule the appointment. If it appears during the visa interview that you mispresented your 'State of Residence', such fact will be noted on your case file and may adversely influence the outcome of your visa application

Is any issue for appearing to Chennai consulate interview with H1B case approved by Mumbai Consulate. ? as VFS site only allow me to Chennai consulate as I stay in Bangalore,Karnataka

Any suggestion will most welcome.

if you are residing in Karnataka for six or more months then you can select Chennai for your visa interview, if your are residing in karnataka for less than 6 months then you will need to appear at US consulate in Mumbai or the state you stayed for the last six months.

Comment

Thanx Sam for reply

Yes.. I am residing in Karntaka more than six month. My only doubt is
      My H1B case is approved by Mumbai Consulate , Can I appear in Chennai consulate or should I need to ask employer for Change of consulate (Mumbai to Chennai) on H1B.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X