Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to renew passport earlier, H1b stamping requires passport validity until 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to renew passport earlier, H1b stamping requires passport validity until 2022

I scheduled my H1B stamping in Vancouver in early September and the instructions are: "The passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the period of stay in the United States."

My H1B was picked and approved until Sep 2020, but my Indian passport expires in late October 2020. The Indian embassy does not renew passports more than a year in advance but my H1b stamping date is in early September. I do not want to wait until the 1 year window for passport renewal, or change my DS160 information (contains my current passport number) that has already been submitted for the appointment.

How do I handle this tricky situation? Does any one have personal experience in a similar scenario?

I don't really see an issue. They'll stamp the visa on a passport which will expire in the future, no problem. When you renew your passport, the US visa will not be canceled. You can search for it on the State Department's website and it will confirm this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X