Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of Employer - I797B (Consular Processing) - Dropbox

Hi,

I've recently changed employers. I got an RFE and the law firm suggested filing another petition since I changed my title immediately after joining and the new title was more relevant. They filed another petition with consular processing sometime in April and I had to leave the US because the first petition was going to be withdrawn. Legally once the first petition is withdrawn, I would be practically be out of the status in the US as the bridge between my previous employer and current employer is broken. Once I was in India, I learnt that my second petition too received an RFE. I cursed my luck and waited for the law firm to respond to the RFE. The petition was finally approved with an I797B since I was India during the time of decision or USCIS may have had doubts about violation of status or whether I overstayed. I'm currently in the process of dropping my passport through the dropbox since I was eligible for the interview waiver program. I believe ustraveldocs doesn't allow you to schedule an interview once you've satisfied all the requirements of the IWP. I'm assuming I would be called for an interview since it's an I797B but I have come across a couple of cases where there have been straight approvals without an interview. I will post once I have an update about the next steps. I'm not sure if others have encountered a similar situation but wanted to share my experience of COE/I797B/Dropbox.

Thank You

Maverick91 Any update on this? I am on same boat! please let me know if dropbox is good enough or do we have to get Interview?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X