Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B approved while on OPT...changing employer...URGENT!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B approved while on OPT...changing employer...URGENT!!

I am currently on OPT with company A which is going to file H1B on April 1, 2010 with Premium processing. Now, if it gets approved and before Oct 1, 2010 (start date of my H1B) if I decide to change the employer (company B):

1) Can I use the approval notice from company A H1B to file a new petition by Company B before Oct 1 by using PP, assuming that Company A will REVOKE the approval before my new employer files a petition?

2) Does this revoke by company A cause any problems in using the approval notice (company A H1B) along with my new petition by Company B?

3) The reason I want to use the approval notice (company A H1B) is that I understand that if I use the approval notice along with my new petition (company B H1B), then I would NOT be subject to annual quota because I would already be counted once for that year. Right? Please clarify this too.

Any suggestions or answers would be highly appreciable.

Thanks
    Gaurav
    Last edited by gauravhawk; 03-25-2010, 04:02 PM.

1) Can I use the approval notice from company A H1B to file a new petition by Company B before Oct 1 by using PP, assuming that Company A will REVOKE the approval before my new employer files a petition?
    >>> You can do that. Company A revoking the H1B later will have no impact since you are already CAP counted. Company A's petition will be no longer needed.

2) Does this revoke by company A cause any problems in using the approval notice (company A H1B) along with my new petition by Company B?
    >>> Once you initiate the transfer to the new Company, you will no longer require company A's petition.

3) The reason I want to use the approval notice (company A H1B) is that I understand that if I use the approval notice along with my new petition (company B H1B), then I would NOT be subject to annual quota because I would already be counted once for that year. Right? Please clarify this too.
    >>> Copy of the approval notice is enough to prove that you are already CAP counted. As long as you initiate the transfer before Company A revokes your petition, you are fine.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X