Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension Approved - 45 + 45 days to get the Original APPROVED Document

Hi,

I left the US to my home country on May 01, 2009 - at the time My H1B was valid and had valid time duration

I have not gone back to the US until now - March 26, 2010

My H1 Visa had an expiry date on Nov 30, 2009 - and an Extension was filed with all available unused time period on Nov 30, 2009

My H1 Visa got approved on Jan 19, 2010 and is valid till Sep 16, 2010

But what my employer received as an approval note is I-797 B (not A or C) - Notice of Action

My employer says I will have to wait until I get original documents from USCIS, in order to proceed for stamping at US Consulate in India

My employer says USCIS needs 45 days to provide my original documents. 45 days LAPSED. When contacted again, my employer says USCIS is asking for ANOTHER 45 days MORE to provide documentation

Is it true that USCIS needs so much time to provide the Visa Approval Documentation?

OR --- Should I go to the US Consulate here in Chennai for Visa Stamping with the I-797 B Notice of Action and try to get my Visa stamped?

The point is, I was never in the US, when my H1 got expired, (or) refiled for extension, (or) when the filed H1 extension got approved on Jan 19, 2010 - on all these occasions I was not in the US, I was in India

What should I do? should I not be waiting for original documents, but go for a Visa Interview with the provided I-797 B 'Notice of Action'?

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X