Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shervin143
    replied
    1. Is it possible to transfer my H1B to new employer from my home country? If so what are the documents I need to submit to the new employer?
    >>> Possible. Same set of documents which you submitted for the 1st time H1B. Along with that, you will need to provide a copy of your existing H1B approval notice and maybe few latest pay slips when you worked in U.S to prove that you maintained your status when you were in U.S.

2. Can I extend my H1B visa further, once it got transferred to new employer? If so how long?
    >>> Yes. The duration depends on the project itinerary provided by the employer. H1B in total is for 6 years. You can keep extending until the 6 year limit if reached.

Leave a comment:

• johnbosko
    started a topic H1B transfer from outside US.

H1B transfer from outside US.

Hi,

My H1B visa got extended for 3 years in last year. It is valid till Sep 19, 2011. Right now I am working for the same employer in my home country. As my employer doesn’t have any projects in US, I can’t travel to US immediately. Here are my doubts…
    1. Is it possible to transfer my H1B to new employer from my home country? If so what are the documents I need to submit to the new employer?
    2. Can I extend my H1B visa further, once it got transferred to new employer? If so how long?
    (Note: I have been in US only for 5 months so for)

Please help.

Thanks. John

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X