Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shervin143
    replied
    You will need to have proper documentation for the in-house project which is required at the POE.

Also, read this when you have time.

https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-holder-rights/

Originally posted by udg View Post
    Thanku,

My employer has given letter like inhouse project where it is required to show in POE, so i think client letter is not required.

After reaching there i need to look after my job, then my employer will tieup with them for some % kind and i will be in his payrolls.

Leave a comment:

• udg
    replied
    Thanks, My employer has given letter like, i'm working for inhouse project

Thanku,

My employer has given letter like inhouse project where it is required to show in POE, so i think client letter is not required.

After reaching there i need to look after my job, then my employer will tieup with them for some % kind and i will be in his payrolls.

Leave a comment:

• shervin143
    replied
    First of all, you cannot travel without a job. If your employer is a consulting company, then you will need to provide client letter at the POE. You can travel anytime before your existing H1B visa expires. You will get an I-94 only till the visa expiry date. In which case, your employer will need to file for extension immediately. If the extension gets approved, you can continue to stay in U.S and keep working.

Alternatively, you can transfer your H1B in U.S. For which you will need to prove that you maintained your H1B status by showing payslips from the time you entered U.S until the time the H1B transfer is filed. Transfer need to be filed before the I-94 (the one that you will get at the POE) expires.

Originally posted by udg View Post
    Hi,

As my H1B visa is going to expire on 20th August 2010, till now i never been to US, now my employer has given chance to go to US.i need to attend for interviews on my own,only some % my employer will market my profile.

If my employer is not ready to extend my H1B, is there any other alternate.
    matter of 4 months i need to work, there is no point of going only for 4 months. But i want to continue working there.

Please help in this regard, what are the alternative possibilities.
    Last edited by shervin143; 03-31-2010, 01:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• udg
    replied
    possibilities of H1B extension in my case, urgent

Hi,

As my H1B visa is going to expire on 20th August 2010, till now i never been to US, now my employer has given chance to go to US.i need to attend for interviews on my own,only some % my employer will market my profile.

If my employer is not ready to extend my H1B, is there any other alternate.
    matter of 4 months i need to work, there is no point of going only for 4 months. But i want to continue working there.

Please help in this regard, what are the alternative possibilities.

Leave a comment:

• shervin143
    replied
    I-94 is the form that you will get when you enter U.S (You will fill this form in the flight - will be handed over by the flight attendants). You will initially get it at the port of entry and later when you apply for extensions from within U.S. This form decides until when you can legally stay in U.S. Staying beyond the validity of expiry date in I-94 is illegal.

Leave a comment:

• udg
    started a topic what is I-94

what is I-94

What is I-94, where we need to fill this form

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X