Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B transfered do i need to file 539 for H4 having valid I-94 from previous employer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfered do i need to file 539 for H4 having valid I-94 from previous employer?

Hi,

Please provide me your advice of the following.
    I am working with employer A on a H1B visa with I-797 and I-94 valid until Oct-2020. My dependents on H4 visas currently in US also had their I-94 and stamped visa valid until Oct-2020.

I joined employer B and they completed my H1 transfer and I have also received the approval notice. The I-797 and I-94 with employer B are valid until Nov-2020.

Do i need to do a change of status for H4 dependents since the H4 is valid until Oct-2020 and that I can apply for change of status using I-539. In the meantime ?

Employer A has sent a notice to revoke my previous H1B with them, valid until Oct-2019.

1. Please let me know if I should apply for I-539 change of status for my dependents or should I not worry about it until it is due to expire in Oct-2019 .
    2. Are the H4 dependents considered out of status since I changed my employer and did not apply for I-539?
    3. Will Employer A revoking my H1B impact the status of my H4 dependents since they had applied for the dependents H4 visas.

i saw some mixed response on different forum for similar situation .

thank you all for your time and for all your responses in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X