H1B extension - 2nd term expiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension - 2nd term expiring

I am on H1 B. My second term of 3 years is set to expire on 10/1/2010. In the last 6 years of my stay (on H1B) I have taken ~3 months of holidays in total. Can I claim these 3 months as well, to extend my visa till 2/1/2011. Is this true/possible? Right now, my green card isnt applied yet

Can a new employer (not existing) employ me now? Can my new employer apply/get extension? Is it even possible?

Thanks, in advance

I am on H1 B. My second term of 3 years is set to expire on 10/1/2010. In the last 6 years of my stay (on H1B) I have taken ~3 months of holidays in total. Can I claim these 3 months as well, to extend my visa till 2/1/2011. Is this true/possible? -Possible Right now, my green card isnt applied yet

Can a new employer (not existing) employ me now? -yes Can my new employer apply/get extension?-yes Is it even possible? -yes

Thanks, in advance

[Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice.]

Comment

Can a new employer (not existing) employ me now? Can my new employer apply/get extension? Is it even possible?

Theoretically, the answer to all the questions is yes. In reality, it is real tough. With all the delays in processing, employers reluctant to hire H1b employees, layoffs, new H1b rules, too many people looking for jobs, very few jobs available, etc.

Best thing is "do not waste money and time" on H1b transfers and GC processing. Just go with the flow, ask your company if they have openings in your home country. Most companies have branches globally where they are hiring aggressively. You can always get back to the US in the future on a new H1b/L1..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X